Enterprise Software Consultant
The Enterprise Software Consultant will be responsible for consulting, educating, and empowering our clients using Data Virtualization.
Your consulting projects will include integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes - Integration of 100+ data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses and Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions, Integration Layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes, and support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure are just a few flavours of your future projects.
Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Professional Services team. We want a professional who will travel, evangelize, train, consult, and troubleshoot to enhance our clients’ journey around Data Virtualization.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product and customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, and access to senior management as part of a global team. Your mission is to help our clients, partners and prospects to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Denodo's data virtualization capability in many solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
To be successful in this role you will require a combination of high technical expertise, architectural solutions knowledge and client management skills to conduct on-site and off-site consulting and provide high-level solutions to the clients. In this position you will work directly with engineers, managers and business users in order to understand business and technical requirements and provide solutions being critical point of contact for getting things done among Denodo, partners and client teams.
Product and technical knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb demo and technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our platform.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom demos and PoCs based and beyond customer requirements.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
Presentation and organizational skills:
- Engage and train clients in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues..
- Provide technical consulting, training and support..
- Enthusiastically present software solutions to customers, from IT managers and technicians to C-level executives..
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
- Experience Range: 3+ years in similar positions.
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor, Master, Diploma).
- Understanding of Data Integration flavors.
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML, JMS, and Web technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Active listener.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong abilities to gather requirements and provide solutions.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised with innovative solutions.
- Willingness to travel.
- Be a team worker with positive attitude.
- Knowledge and experience on Enterprise Architecture Best Practices and Frameworks (Zachman, TOGAF, etc.).
- Experience working with business software implementation and integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Experience working with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, BI tools, …).
- Experience working with BigData and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB ...
- Experience working with caching approaches and technologies.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.