Enterprise Solutions Engineer
Denodo Technologies, a leader on Enterprise Data Virtualization software, is looking for technical, passionate people to join our global Services Engineering team. Do you love to engage with multiple technologies in complex environments? Do you want to create the solutions you envision for the largest organizations in the world? Are you ready to advise the modern software engineering practice on the pioneer projects? If so, this is a job for you.
Among your duties will be to evangelize, consult, train and troubleshoot and empower our clients’ know-how in Data Virtualization. To be successful in this role you will require a combination of high technical expertise and client management skills to conduct on-site consulting and product implementation. Specifically, this position requires working directly with account executives to qualify and position solutions that solve complex software build and release challenges for current and potential customers. In addition, this position works directly with engineers (ours, our partners, and our customers) to manage and implement trial deployments on-site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Very fluent in English to join a global team and perform internationally.
- Experience in Java software development, especially in the web and database fields.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML and Web Service-related Java APIs.
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Active listener.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised by innovative solutions.
- Be a team worker with positive attitude.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience working with Spring Framework, Apache Maven and Java webapp frameworks.
- Experience working with GIT or other version control systems.
- Experience working with Big Data and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB, ...
- Experience working with caching approaches and technologies such as JCS.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Business software implementation and integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, Business Intelligence tools, …). Web technologies, architectures and services –WOA, XaaS, ...-.
- Knowledge and experience on Enterprise Architecture Best Practices and Frameworks (Zachman, TOGAF, etc.).
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings and writing technical documentation.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.