Director of Product Management and Solution Architectures – Palo Alto, CA
This role strives to ensure that Denodo has a complete, competitive product that meets the customers’ needs to integrate disperse data sources using data virtualization and to provision “data as a service” in multiple delivery modes. It requires an advanced understanding of current demands and trends in the modern enterprise for data integration software and data services, with a focus on ensuring that Denodo’s solutions are performing and being positioned at the highest levels of market standards, and that this is being effectively communicated internally and externally
This position is a leadership role that will set and execute strategic direction as well as direct the work of a technical team. In addition to demonstrating the highest levels of product management expertise, duties will include to routinely assist in strategic sales opportunities and interact with clients, partners, analysts and media.
Location for this position is Palo Alto, California. Applications for candidates located in Madrid or A Coruña (Spain) will be also considered for evaluation if candidate has full flexibility for travelling and working from different locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist sales teams in important strategic sales opportunities with depth in product vision and broadmindedness in problem understanding and solution architecture
Ensure that products and solutions are consistently and competitively positioned in the market
Conduct and maintain competitive analysis, own and enrich internal competitive knowledge base, and articulate favorable product positioning relative to key competitors. Implement continuous action to ensure that the product and solutions remain competitive
Established best practices and templates for key marketing and sales tools across all horizontal and vertical solutions, enforcing consistency and creating framework to rapidly and successfully scale solutions marketing
Pro-actively communicate opportunities and issues to the various global sales teams
Set annual and quarterly goals and priorities for the Product Management team and manage the delivery of key initiatives
Identify and communicate current and emerging needs, trends and implications to existing products as well as identifying new product opportunities. Drive relationships with 3rd parties to embed data integration components into the Denodo Platform or to enrich the product with extensions.
- Represent Denodo as a PM proxy with external customers, consultants, technology partners and standards bodies, to articulate the value proposition of Denodo and defend the company’s interests
- Develop pricing framework for and routinely review pricing to ensure that products remain competitively priced within local markets and client segments, while providing acceptable profitability levels to Denodo
- Build close partnerships with CTO, sales executives and other senior members in the company.
Knowledge & Skills
- In-depth technical knowledge with the ability to synthesize and understand new and competing technologies. Rich experience with enterprise middleware, enterprise IT architectures, web technologies and data integration solutions
- Strong experience in requirements gathering, analysis, design and development
- Solid demonstrable track record of transforming product strategy and innovation into customer and market validation
- Proven track record on engaging with customers, standards bodies and analysts
- Good presentation and communication skills. Outgoing personality, with ability to contribute to PR, marketing events, social media and other online communication channels
- Strengths should include team building and a strong commitment to employees.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com and include Director of Product Management and Solution Architectures in the subject.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.