Sales Engineer - Palo Alto, CA
Denodo Technologies is hiring a Sales Engineer to continue the expansion into new markets. The Sales Engineer is the primary face to the customer representing our technical Sales offering, and is a major influencer why our Sales are selected. The Sales Engineer will be responsible for technical account management for the Denodo Sales Cycle for designated accounts, including relationships with technical counterparts within those organizations. The selected candidate will be working closely with experienced Sales, Marketing and Product Management leadership and will be supported by a strong technical team in an ideal, fast paced, rapidly growing startup environment to grow professionally and go beyondexpectations.
- Product and Technical Knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb demo and technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our platform.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom demos and PoCs based and beyond customer requirements.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding customer requirements and issues.
- Presentation and organizational skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Train and engage customers in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Know where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Customer engagement:
- Support field marketing events (trade shows, conferences)
- Enthusiastically present software solutions to prospective customers, from IT managers and technicians to C-level executives.
- Lead the completion of RFI and RFP projects.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client and colleagues.
- Along with Marketing, Sales, Sales Engineering and Product Management, and based on market or customer feedback, lead the definition, development and presentation of product and solution demos and PoCs for prospects and partners.
- Provide technical leadership to entire sales team as appropriate (e.g. handle technical questions and escalate them when required, conduct training and/or briefings).
- Document and track all activity through CRM and an internal wiki, including lead/prospect data entry, detailed activity reports, setting tasks for follow-up, architectures, challenges, etc.
Three+ years as a Sales Engineer, Consultant or Enterprise Architect, with deep experience in large-scale business software implementation and integration projects (Business Intelligence, ERP, CRM, SCM, Data Warehouse, Event Driven Architectures, EAI, BPM). For example:
- Master Data Hub Architecture, data design and implementation
- Data Quality Management and Data Architecture Standardization
- Metadata management, design and integration
- Data Warehouse Architecture, data design and implementation
Must have working knowledge of enterprise architectures, integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, BI tools, …), Web technologies and architectures –SOA, SaaS concepts, WOA-.
Preferred experience in the following fields: telco, financial, hi-tech, bio-pharma but others will not be disregarded.
Enjoys hands-on working with web and enterprise development technologies such as Java, J2EE, XML, Web Services, JMS, as well as with relational databases.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Knowledge and experience on Enterprise Architecture Best Practices and Frameworks (e.g. Zachman, TOGAF, etc.) will be appreciated.
- A “can do” attitude.
- Must be able to clearly communicate the product vision and value proposition to internal and external audiences.
Location: Palo Alto, CA.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com and include Sales Engineer- (location) in the subject.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.