R faced the following challenges in providing customer service and speeding up product time to market.
- Reduced customer service - agents had to access multiple applications to get the required information.
- Delayed product time to market - underlying data spread across multiple sources in different formats
- High development and maintenance costs - integrating customer data from disparate sources such as applications, databases, flat files etc.
- Denodo used to access and normalize over 110 data sources including databases, applications, web services, LDAP directories, plain text files and external websites
- Source views combined to build canonical data entities and data services consumed by BMP tool Vitria, call center front-end tool Siebel, self-service portal and mobile apps used by fulfillment and reseller partners
- Denodo used by applications for read (informational) as well as write-back (transactional) operations
The use of the Denodo Data Virtualization Platform enabled R to create a single view of the customer which led to the following benefits -
- Increase in customer loyalty by 15% due to complete and timely customer service by call center agents and self-service portals
- Reduced time to market with products due to increased agility and flexibility in data delivery
- Increased revenue opportunities from upselling/cross-selling and targeted product recommendations
“Denodo’s Data Virtualization Platform enabled us to build reusable data services in a matter of hours instead of weeks/months, thereby making IT response faster and reducing costs.”
This case study analyses R - a leading fiber-optic communications provider in Spain — and the implementation of data virtualization, and demonstrates how the initial investment is quickly leveraged with demonstrable ROI in less than 1 year.
Leading organizations are investing in new business capabilities, but are they tackling the exponential growth of data and process integration challenges?