SOA Data Hub
Business applications in an enterprise connect to several data sources for their information needs. A Data Hub is necessary to implement the logical independence of front-end consuming business applications and the underlying data sources (back-end) that contain and store the data assets. In other words, the Data Hub decouples the front-end of the data access, data federation and virtual data integration system from the back-end.
Why is having an Enterprise Data Hub important?
- it makes virtualized data services reusable
- it accommodates changes to the back-end and the front-end easily and
- it abstracts away complexities of the underlying data management
A Data Hub that decouples the front end from the back end should be part of every efficient enterprise data management architecture. Using a Data Hub as an Enterprise Data Fabric (EDF) provides a solid ROI as it makes the virtualized data services reusable for all your applications and projects across the enterprise following Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles.
Denodo has been in the business of providing superior virtual data integration, efficiently and cost-effectively. Denodo Data Services Platform provides powerful enterprise data mediation for all SOA data services in your company, using the Data Hub. Other existing tools have some level of enterprise data mediation, but will fall short in the broadness of data sources, depth and flexibility of data delivery and type of applications they can interact with. Enterprises should not have to deal with solutions that don’t offer the full depth of capabilities promised.
Denodo’s visual interface enables changes to the data access and integration requirements to be complete in hours, not in months. For instance, you can create new data views, change the integration logic, add new business applications, modify existing business applications, add a new data source, modify or remove an existing source etc. within hours while continuing to provide the virtualized data services to other applications.
What’s more, the Denodo Platform’s capabilities go far beyond the Data Hub:
- Denodo works with a much wider range of data sources than conventional data integration tools can
- Denodo’s powerful middleware layer enables you to easily create and modify SOA data services
- Denodo implements a number of publishing formats to connect to virtual any application in the market
- Denodo easily automates data extraction and data combination from applications on the web or applications that have a web interface.
The Denodo's Data Hub solution has found wide applicability with companies across industries such as telecommunications, financial services, pharma, manufacturing and other industries.