Associate Data Services Engineer - SQL / Big Data / Cloud
Love to deal with multiple technologies in complex environments? Want to collaborate in solutions for the largest organizations in the world? Ready to advise the modern software engineering practice on pioneer projects?
We invite you to materialize your aspirations in a company where opportunities abound for building an amazing future, where discovering the value and potential of a new technology, Data Virtualization, will be the beauty of your daily routine.
Our customers span all market segments and geographies. And we partner with leading and reputable companies across the globe. This combination makes Denodo a fun and exciting environment to work. A place where your work will have an impact. A place where you're invited to push the boundaries of possibility.
Join an international team in pursuing mastery, value and success in a global environment.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
As an Associate Data Services Engineer, you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, troubleshooting skills and communication between clients, partners and internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
- Diagnose and resolve client inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
- Manage client support cases on a daily basis.
- Respond to client-reported issues in a timely manner and/or per service level agreements.
- Communicate progress of resolution and status in a timely fashion and/or per service level agreements.
- Engage clients in the product configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
Product and technical knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Contribute to knowledge management activities and promote best practices.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, to help clients and other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
- Build interpersonal relationships with other Denodo teams.
Boise, ID, USA
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice. Please note, our interview process will test your proficiency.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or computer systems.
- Good knowledge of software development and architectural patterns.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Professional curiosity and the ability to enable yourself in new technologies and tasks.
- Creativity finding root cause to issues and providing solutions.
- Active listener.
- Team worker.
- Good written/verbal communication skills for interaction with clients, making presentations, attending meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Being available for working outside of normal business hours, holidays, and some weekends when needed for on-call periods.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture and application development and infrastructure.
- Understanding of data integration flavors.
- Technical skills including Java development, JDBC, XML, Web Service related APIs (e.g. JSON), experience with version control systems (e.g. SVN, Git), authentication systems (e.g. LDAP, Kerberos, SAML).
- Experience in Big Data, NoSQL, and InMemory environments is welcome.
- Experience in Cloud infraestructures.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.