The Denodo Customer Success Manager will act as the main interface point with customers and partners to ensure customer’s success using data virtualization in an enterprise environment.
Responsible for supervising a group of customers from the business and technical side. This involves maintaining and developing customer relationships; managing customer success; discussing and advising about technical solutions involving Denodo products and services; delivering contract commitments within cost targets; and helping to identify potential additional business opportunities within accounts.
In this role you will require a combination of data management technical expertise plus customer and partner relationship management skills to conduct on-site and off-site engagements. In this position you will work directly with engineers, managers and business users in order to understand business and technical needs and provide guidance towards solutions.
Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Technical Services team. Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company.
Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product and customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, and access to senior management as part of a global team.
About the Position
Your mission is to help our clients, partners and prospects to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Denodo's data virtualization capability in many solutions like integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes: integration of multiple data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses and Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions; integration layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes; support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure;...
You will oversee the successful delivery of all services under your management from kickoff to closeout, including determining agenda details and monitoring the progress to ensure it conforms to customer expectations and contractual agreements.
You will need to maintain strong relationships with architects, technical teams, and leadership (both business and IT) across customers and partners’ organizations.
- Develop relationships with key business and technical stakeholders and act as a trusted advisor to major Denodo customers.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- Present software solutions to customers, from IT managers and technicians to C-level executives.
- Prepare technical proposals and manage the delivery of technical orders.
- Being available for participating in escalations.
Product and technical knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a technical pitch, including an overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning
- Understand the revenue drivers.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Manage consultants and engineers, support in escalation situations, performance, and general team coordination within your region.
- Coordinate team members and partners to ensure the right resources are working on the right tasks at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Build interpersonal relationships with other Denodo teams.
- Contribute to hire, on-board, train, and develop new team members.
- Verify all billing data to ensure existence, completeness and accuracy of revenues.
- Ensure the existence of supporting documents such as contracts, purchase orders, work orders, sign-offs etc. for the billing / revenue recognition.
Boise, ID, USA
We'll need you to have a good foundation for establishing the technical and non-technical enablement needs for customer and partner teams and drive them to success.
Our ideal candidate has from 8 to 15 years of experience in the IT sector, with at least 4 of them in customer-facing positions.
We are growing fast and we believe that people needs to be together to collaborate and accelerate that growth, so this position does not allow telecommuting. The candidate has to be willing to work from the Denodo Headquarters.
- Technical background.
- Experience in data landscape (relational databases, big data, no-sql...).
- Bachelor's or master's degree, or equivalent technical training or experience within a technical consulting practice.
- 6+ years experience in similar customer-facing positions.
- Direct, hands-on experience in people management through managing a team, including a successful track record in talent development within the team.
- Excellent cross-functional communication and people management skills.
- Proven ability to understand the technical impact of services from supportability, scalability, and repeatability aspects, as well as the business impact to both Denodo and customers in delivering those services.
- Willingness to travel once or twice a month.
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture and application development and infrastructure.
- Understanding of Data Integration flavors.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.