The Denodo Global Technical Office (GTO) is led by our Worldwide Field CTO, with offices in A Coruña, Spain, Chennai, India, and Boise, Idaho. The GTO delivers world-class services to our internal teams, as well as our prospects and customers. As a GTO Sales Engineer, you will be part of an elite technical sales team supporting these services. You will engage in key activities that support sales cycles and field engagements with our customers and prospects. The selected candidate will be working closely with experienced Sales, Marketing, and Product Management personnel and will be supported by a strong technical team in an ideal, fast-paced, rapidly growing startup environment to grow professionally and go beyond expectations.
Your career with us will combine cutting-edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), and an exciting growth path as part of a global team.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Sales Engineer(presales) you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, client communication, and coordination skills between clients and internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
Product and Technical Knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb demo and technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning
- Support the completion of highly complex technical proposals (RFI / RFP / RFx) and requests for information.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our platform
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom demos and technical write-ups based and beyond customer requirements
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding customer requirements and issues.
Presentation and organizational skills:
- Engage customers in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform
- Know where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Enthusiastically present software solutions to prospective customers, from IT managers and technicians to C-level executives
- Lead the completion of RFI and RFP documents
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client and colleagues
- Along with Marketing, Sales, Sales Engineering and Product Management, and based on market or customer feedback, lead the definition, development and presentation of product and solution demos for prospects and partners
- Provide technical support to entire sales team as appropriate (e.g. handle technical questions and escalate them when required, conduct training and/or briefings)
- Document and track all activity through CRM and an internal wiki, including lead/prospect data entry, detailed activity reports, setting tasks for follow-up, architectures, challenges, etc.
Boise, ID, USA
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years as a Sales/Solution Engineer, or 5+ years in Information Technology/Management
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts
- Knowledge and experience on Enterprise Architecture Best Practices and Frameworks will be a plus
- A “can do” attitude
Hands-on working experience in any of the following areas:
- Solid understanding of SQL and a good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice. Understanding and optimization of complex queries is a plus.
- A basic understanding of Data Integration patterns (ETL/Data Warehousing, ESB/Messaging, DV) is a plus.
- Understanding of BigData, NoSQL, in-memory, MPP environments is a plus.
- Technical skills include JDBC/ODBC, XML, JSON, REST APIs, Java development and version control systems. Good knowledge of software development and architectural patterns.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.