The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for consulting, troubleshooting and empowering our clients using Data Virtualization.
Our customer's projects will include integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or informational purposes - Integration of multiple data sources for a Customer Service Multichannel IT Infrastructure; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses and Virtual Datamarts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions, Integration Layers for Hadoop-based Data Lakes, and support for Agile Operational Reporting on a diverse Big Data infrastructure are just a few flavours of your future projects.
Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Services Engineering team. We want a professional who will consult, support and troubleshoot to enhance our clients’ journey around Data Virtualization.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product and customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, and access to senior management as part of a global team.
Duties & Responsibilities
To be successful in this role you will require a combination of high technical expertise, troubleshooting skills and client management skills to conduct on-site and off-site consulting, product implementation and technical support. In this position you will work directly with engineers: our own staff, our partners, and our customers.
Product and technical knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our product.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom deployments based and beyond client’s requirements.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
Presentation and organizational skills:
- Engage clients in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- Provide technical consulting and support.
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor or Master).
- Solid understanding of SQL and a good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML, JMS, and Web technologies.
- Good programming skills, especially in the Java domain
- Experience in server environments using Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems.
- Professional curiosity and the ability to enable yourself in new technologies and tasks.
- Creativity finding the root cause of issues and providing solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Availability to travel.
- Being available for working outside of normal business hours, holidays, and some weekends when needed for on-call periods
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.