HR Specialist – PayrollChicago, IL, USA - Human Resources
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to an international environment, direct mentorship, and access to senior management.
We are currently looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our global Payroll & Compensation team in our offices in Chicago, US. The ideal candidate is a team player, enjoys working in a dynamic, international environment, and has excellent intercultural skills and a proven track record in payroll functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Payroll Specialist your mission will be to ensure the accurate and timely processing the US payrolls, and to coordinate with our external payroll service partners to this end. You will support the team to provide required reports on compensation data and also serve as a point of contact for payroll enquiries, aiming to provide excellent customer service to all employees.
Main responsibilities for this position are:
- Provide payroll data inputs to the external payroll service partners for the accurate calculation of salaries, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
- Coordinate new joiners or leavers documentation with the payroll provider
- Maintain accurate records of payroll documentation and variable compensation
- Ensure controls are properly performed within the payroll process
- Be Point of Contact for employees and managers for payroll related enquiries and implement an efficient process to attend frequent questions
- Maintain employee databases updated
- Assist with preparation of audits and management reports as needed
- Support special projects and other duties as assigned
Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional experience in US payroll function.
- Proficient with Excel and Google sheets (formula, pivot tablet, vlookup etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Other languages will be a plus.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail when working within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate initiative and handle constantly evolving priorities
- Excellent analytical skills. Problem-solving mindset.
- Strong confidentiality approach in all assignments and information obtained.
- Sympathy with and understanding of the Software environment.
- Strong work ethic with a flexible approach to work along different time zones.
- Focus on contributing to team success and helping the team win.
- Experience in ADP will be a must
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.