Java Product DeveloperA Coruña, SPAIN - Engineering
We are looking for engineers for our Technology team, to work as Java Developers, in our offices in A Coruña (Spain).
In this role, you will be part of the department in charge of developing the Denodo Platform. You will join one of the teams that develop and maintain some of the Denodo Platform modules and its associated tooling and extensions, with the possibility of moving to another team in the future based on your interests and skills, and even being able to become a team coordinator. As part of the product development, you could work in many different areas, such as connectors to integrate sources, execution engine, query optimization, cache engine, monitoring and resource management, management of the environments where the servers and tools of the platform are installed, automatic deployments (including cloud environments), task scheduling and parallel execution, self-service data discovery, client tools, etc.
The technologies and external tools with which you will work or interact are also very diverse. For example, different types of databases (relational, multidimensional, parallel, document-oriented, etc.), Big Data sources, SaaS sources, Web Services, message queues, technologies related to authentication and authorization (Identity Providers, SAML, OAuth, Kerberos, Vaults, etc.), cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), web technologies (both backend and frontend), indexing and search engines (Lucene, Elasticsearch), business intelligence tools, workflow management tools, version control systems, and many others.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initially, you will receive training on the Denodo Platform at the user level to understand the product that Denodo develops.
- You will also receive training on the development process used in Denodo and the tools involved in it (Redmine, Git, Jenkins, Sonar, automated test frameworks, etc.).
- After the initial training, you will join a team in charge of developing and maintaining one of the modules of the Denodo Platform and its ecosystem. You will receive training specific to the development of that module.
- Your main task will be the development of new features and the maintenance of existing ones. An important part of our development process is the design and implementation of automated tests.
- Creation and maintenance of the product documentation.
A Coruña, SPAIN
We need people meeting the following requirements:
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Knowledge of the Java Platform.
- Knowledge of OO Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational database design.
- Good written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Team worker with a positive attitude.
We value knowledge and/or experience in the following (these are not required):
- Development Lifecycle and Version Control (pref. Maven and git).
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot and/or related technologies.
- Experience in Agile software development Methodologies.
- Experience developing in distributed application environments.
- Cloud data warehouses, cloud data lake engines, NoSQL databases.
- Java Web Applications and related technologies, esp. server-side.
- Client-side Web technologies.
- Software security techniques and technologies.
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.