AWS / Azure / GCP Cloud System Administrator
As a Cloud System Administrator you will be part of Denodo’s Services Engineering team which provides design, deployment & support for IT systems, services and requirements in all Denodo locations. The team is responsible for supporting our customers, partners and internal teams in delivering heterogeneous on-premise and cloud based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud...) and operating user applications and services; tools and environments for devops teams; and IT assets.
If you are passionate about IT systems and Cloud and willing to work on cutting edge technologies, Denodo is your place to work. As a key member of our team, we are looking for driven individuals that love technology whether it's programming applications, building cloud infrastructure architecture, automation or data center operational excellence.
About the Job
As a Cloud System Administrator you will be involved in system design and implementation, process automation, and troubleshooting to help improving and operating Denodo IT infrastructure and platforms.
- Perform operating system, network and cloud infrastructure administration.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune up running systems to ensure SLA meet business requirements.
- Design, plan and implement solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of applications and services.
- Help to automate common task to improve the support workflow.
- Assist and collaborate with devops teams.
- Help maintain Inventory of assets, software and hardware
- Contribute to document architectures, deployments and installations
- Responsible for data backup and recovery, security and administration.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery and Incident Response Planning.
- Be part of the On-call duties to support Denodo infrastructure and platforms.
A Coruña, SPAIN
Minimum required skills and qualifications:
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science or proved related knowledge or experience.
- Fluent in English to join a global team. Additional laguages will be a plus.
- Experience working with network protocols and services: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS.
- Experience working and troubleshooting in server environments (Windows, Linux).
- Scripting experience in one or more of: Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Lua, Java.
- Service oriented approach to collaborate with other Denodo teams.
- Problem solving.
- Self-driven, professional curiosity and the ability to quickly adopt new technologies and tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks in a dynamic environment, with tight deadlines.
Additional skills and qualifications we value:
- Experience in one or more of virtualization technologies (VMWare Vsphere, VMWare vCenter, VMWare vRealize, OpenVZ, OpenStack).
- Experience working with Monitoring Tools (Zabbix, Nagios).
- Experience working with firewall and VPN deployments.
- Experience working with Databases (install, configure and troubleshooting): MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with Web and Application Servers (install, configure and troubleshooting): Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere...
- Experience on public clouds (AWS, AZURE, GoogleCloud...).
- Experience working with Version Control Tools (Git, Subversion).
- Experience working with Java Applications (install, configure, troubleshooting and optimization).
- Experience in one or more of Configuration Management tools (puppet, ansible, chef, cfengine, salt).
- Experience working with continuous integration tools (Jenkins...).
- Experience working with containers (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker...).
- Experience with Big Data solutions (Hadoop...).
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (MongoDB...).
- Experience working with communication solutions (video conferencing, VoIP...).
- Knowledge about general security awareness and data privacy compliance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.