Are you looking to kick start your career within an international software product company? Then our Data Engineer role for fresh graduates will be a fantastic opportunity for you.
Denodo is a fantastic place to begin your career. We are the leader in Data Virtualization and we are embracing a culture that puts people first, where everyone has the opportunity to own their career and make a contribution towards the modern change, and is given the space to grow personally and professionally.
At Denodo we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who are committed to doing their best and deliver on their promises. We are looking for people who value different perspectives, who build sustainable relationships and who dare to shape the future and want to make a difference.
Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth paths and direct mentorship.
Your mission will be to help and assist our clients and partners to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Denodo’s Data Virtualization capability to provide modern solutions for agile data delivery to empower people.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, client communication and coordination skills between clients and internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission.
· Education, coaching and support during the introduction as well as ongoing projects of the Denodo Platform to achieve high level of client satisfaction.
· Diagnose and resolve client’s inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
· Participate in problem escalation and call prevention projects to help clients and other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
· Contribute to knowledge management activities and promote best practices for project execution.
· Implement product demos and pilots to showcase Data Virtualization in enterprise scenarios, cloud deployments and Big Data projects.
· Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience Range: Open to Fresh Graduates (must be top-ranked and exceptionally qualified)
· University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor or Master)
· Understanding of Data Integration flavours
· Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice. Good knowledge of software development and architectural patterns.
· Technical skills include Java development, JDBC, XML, Web Service related APIs, experience with version control systems (e.g. SVN, git).
· Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
· Basic experience in Big Data, NoSQL, and InMemory environments is welcome.
· Basic experience in cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP...) is welcome.
· Personal and Relationship qualities: Professional curiosity and the ability to enable yourself in new technologies and tasks. Active listener. Curiosity and continuous learning. Creativity. Team worker.
· Communications: Good written/verbal communication skills in English (other international languages a plus) are essential for interaction with clients, making presentations, attending meetings and writing technical documentation.
· Willingness to travel.