Technical ConsultantLondon, UNITED KINGDOM - Consulting
As a passionate Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for consulting, solution/problem-solving, and empowering our clients’ data journey using Data Virtualization.
Our customers’ projects include integrating data in a virtual manner for operational and/or analytical purposes - combining multiple data sources for Advanced Analytics; implementation of Logical Data Warehouses and Virtual Data Marts to enable modern Business Intelligence solutions; modernizing data ecosystems for Hybrid and Cloud environments; and building Agile Operational Reporting on diverse platforms are just a few flavors of your future projects.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company. Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth path for technical, product and customer-facing roles, direct mentorship, and access to senior management as part of a global team.
Duties & Responsibilities
To be successful in this role you will require a combination of high technical expertise, troubleshooting skills and client management skills to conduct on-site and off-site consulting, product implementation and technical problem-solving. In this position you will work directly with engineers: our own staff, our partners, and our customers.
Product and technical knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform, be able to deliver a superb technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning.
- Constantly learn new things and maintain an overview of modern technologies.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our product.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of custom deployments based and beyond client’s requirements.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
Presentation and organizational skills:
- Engage clients in the product architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of those resources.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility at all levels within the client and build problem-solving partnerships with the client, partners and colleagues.
- Provide technical consulting and support.
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials or documentation on related topics.
London, UNITED KINGDOM
- Experience Range: 3-15 years (new graduates must be top-ranked and exceptionally qualified).
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Diploma).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of modern technologies such as JDBC, XML and Web Services APIs.
- Strong technical knowledge in modern architectures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Active listener.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised with innovative solutions.
- Willingness to travel.
- Be a team worker with positive attitude.
- Experience working with GIT or other version control systems.
- Experience working with relational, NoSQL, and graph databases.
- Experience working with data in Cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure), including dbPaaS vendors (Snowflake, MongoDB Atlas, etc.).
- Experience working with container and orchestration tools (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience working with caching approaches and technologies.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Business software implementation and integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, Business Intelligence tools, …).
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Foreign language skills are a strong plus: Spanish, German...
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.