Financial Planning DirectorMadrid, SPAIN - Finance
What You’ll Do:
As a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), you will be responsible for providing direction to a team of finance professionals and upper management throughout the organization on the overall planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the Company's financial performance. This involves developing and managing financial analysis systems and procedures, as well as identifying and prioritizing recommended actions. In addition, the role is responsible for budgeting, financial analysis, modeling, forecasting, and reporting efforts to ensure efficient financial operations. The Director of FP&A will prepare and maintain metric-driven financial models used to forecast and evaluate Company profitability and perform additional analysis as requested, with special emphasis on aligning action in this area with the short- and long-term business goals of the company.
- Coordinate, prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual rolling forecasts and prepare reporting on actuals vs. budgeted results, including additional ad-hoc analysis on results
- Translate financial information into actionable insights for strategic planning, cash flow management, financing, and board and investor meetings
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion and lead the yearly planning and budgeting process
- Interact proactively and collaboratively with executive leadership teams on a regular basis
- Continuously develop tools/systems and automate processes; manage the implementation of a budgeting and forecasting solution to streamline the forecasting and budgeting processes and provide enhanced reporting functionality
- Build clear, accurate and reliable predictive forecast modeling for multiple functional areas
- Build strong financial models for the business, utilizing understanding of financial reporting and cash flow information
- Review historical data, predict future results, analyze and explain budget variances
- Review analysis results, develop insightful suggestions for investment, sourcing, cost reduction and lead strategic business decisions
- Review operations for cost-savings opportunities and work cross-functionally to incorporate these initiatives
- Identify key data sources and utilize data-driven insights about important departmental metrics to improve business decisions
- Maintain awareness of proper internal controls and make recommendations for any deficiencies
- Perform quantitative analysis required for strategic planning, special projects, and reports for management and communicate results to the management team
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience as a Manager or Director in Public, VC or PE-backed subscription revenue companies
- Experience and expertise in GAAP and subscription metrics
- Experience on IPO processes and public company compliance requirements
- Good understanding of technologies and platforms that support innovative business models in the software industry.
- “Hands On” Enterprise Systems Experience –, including Salesforce, NetSuite, Success Factors.
- “Hands On” experience with planning/budgeting systems – Workday Adaptive Planning preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Bilingual in English. Spanish will be a plus.
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.