Denodo is looking for a Junior Legal Counsel to join us in our Madrid or A Coruna office. In this role, you will provide important legal support to the Company and its EMEA operations. Your responsibilities will be varied and include interfacing with external legal advisors in different countries, and drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements. You will frequently interact with external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate and clear, yet thorough manner.
Primary job responsibilities
- Negotiate, structure, and manage numerous types of commercial agreements including business development and sales-related agreements, licensing, services, confidentiality, and partnership agreements.
- Support bid and proposal efforts, including preparing representations and certifications.
- Work with Operations and Finance teams to resolve contractual issues.
- Serve as a point of contact for contract-related questions.
- Interface with external legal teams providing services to the Company in our different locations across EMEA.
- Provide practical, decisive guidance to Sales, Business Development and Product teams, balancing business objectives and legal risk.
- Act as subject-matter expert for legal matters relating to Intellectual Property, Data Privacy, Security and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure consistency of contract terms with company policies and goals.
- Develop and present training materials and guidelines regarding contract processes and legal compliance to all departments.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- At least 1+ years of experience negotiating complex Software agreements with companies of all sizes, including Fortune 500.
- Strong working knowledge of the Software industry and Contract law, Intellectual Property law, Commercial law (including European commercial law), and Software licensing.
- Analytical, negotiation, and drafting skills demonstrated through your work experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- The ability to work independently as well as the ability to identify when senior or outside counsel should be consulted.
- Experience developing and managing policies and procedures regarding contracts and commercial relationships, including development of appropriate form documents and clauses.
- A strong client service focus and the ability to efficiently prioritize workflow and manage multidimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of how to balance legal risk with business objectives and successfully get deals closed.
- Fluent in Spanish, German, Italian and French, or a combination of at least two of these languages. Working knowledge of English is required.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.