Data Architect/EvangelistMunich, GERMANY - Sales
The position of Data Architect/Evangelist at Denodo is a multi-faceted role; you will be working with the Sales team, positioning Data Virtualization as a key component in the prospect’s data architecture, and with customers, helping them to expand their use of the Denodo Platform and navigate through their Data Virtualization journey. This role requires a mixture of technical knowledge, business acumen, and influencing skills. The Data Architect/Evangelist will be able to discuss technology with the technologists, architecture with the enterprise architects, and strategy with the C-level executives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Denodo Sales team with sales opportunities – including understanding customer needs, performing solution architecture matching, and teaming up with partners to support campaigns with technical resources
- Present strategic business requirements and current solution landscape to C-level technical stakeholders, proposing compelling solutions that enhance value from a customer perspective
- Identify key business drivers, technology drivers, and gaps. Develop and document conceptual reference architectures and Denodo Platform implementation patterns and anti-patterns
- Work with partners to position the Denodo Platform as a key component within the partner’s reference architecture
- Evangelize Data Virtualization, and the Denodo Platform, at industry conferences, Denodo events and workshops, etc.
- Support the AR team with technical input for analyst reviews (such as Gartner MQ and Forrester Wave) and with analyst briefings.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science
- 9+ years professional experience
- 5+ years of enterprise architecture or solution architecture experience
- Experience in a customer facing role is a plus
- A solid understanding of SQL and relational database technologies
- Deep knowledge of technologies to support data integration and analytics, such as ETL, Data Warehouses, Business Intelligence tools, Big Data, Data Science, etc.
- Experience with Cloud platform (AWS, Azure, and GCP) is a plus
- Knowledge of data governance tools and processes is another plus
- An active listener, inquisitive and passionate about technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German, able to talk technology to the technologists and strategy to the C-level
- A team player with a positive attitude and a desire to make customers successful with the Denodo Platform
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.