Enterprise Software Engineer
Denodo Technologies, a leader on Enterprise Data Virtualization software, is looking for technical, passionate people to join our global Services Engineering team. Do you love to engage with multiple technologies in complex environments? Do you want to create the solutions you envision for the largest organizations in the world? Are you ready to advise the modern software engineering practice on the pioneer projects? If so, this is a job for you.
Among your duties will be to evangelize, consult, train and troubleshoot and empower our clients’ know-how in Data Virtualization. To be successful in this role you will require a combination of high technical expertise and client management skills to conduct on-site consulting and product implementation. Specifically, this position requires working directly with account executives to qualify and position solutions that solve complex software build and release challenges for current and potential customers. In addition, this position works directly with engineers (ours, our partners, and our customers) to manage and implement trial deployments on-site.
Duties & Responsibilities
Product and technical knowledge:
- Obtain and maintain strong knowledge of the Denodo Platform in order to deliver a superb technical pitch, including overview of our key and advanced features and benefits, services offerings, differentiation, and competitive positioning.
- Be able to address a majority of technical questions concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of our product.
- Capable of building and/or leading the development of innovative custom deployments based on client’s requirements.
- Provide timely, prioritized and complete customer-based feedback to Product Management, Sales, Support and/or Development teams regarding client’s business cases, requirements and issues.
Presentation and organizational skills:
- Train and engage clients in architecture, configuration, and use of the Denodo Platform.
- Know when and where to escalate within the Denodo technical organization, and make effective use of resources.
- Promote knowledge and best practices while managing deliverables and client expectations.
- Manage client expectations, establish credibility and problem-solving partnerships within all levels of the business ecosystem.
- Provide technical consulting, training and support.
- Develop white papers, presentations, training materials and/or documentation on related topics.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science.
- Very fluent in German and fluent in English to support the local team, but to join a global team and perform internationally.
- Experience in Java software development, especially in the database field.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML and Web Service-related Java APIs.
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts.
- Active listener.
- Lots of curiosity. You never stop learning new things.
- Creativity. We love to be surprised by innovative solutions.
- Be a team worker with positive attitude.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience working with Java frameworks.
- Experience working with GIT or other version control systems.
- Experience working with Big Data and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB, ...
- Experience working with caching approaches and technologies such as JCS.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Business software implementation and integration projects (e.g. ETL/Data Warehouse architectures, CEP, BPM).
- Integration with packaged applications (e.g. relational databases, SAP, Siebel, Oracle Financials, Business Intelligence tools, …). Web technologies, architectures and services –WOA, XaaS, ...-.
- Knowledge and experience on Enterprise Architecture Best Practices and Frameworks (Zachman, TOGAF, etc.).
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Experience in attending customer meetings and writing technical documentation.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.