Enterprise Software Engineer
Denodo Technologies is a B2B vendor in Data Integration and Data Services software sector. Our positioning and recognition in the market allows us to capitalize on the already large Enterprise Data Integration market struggling to make sense of exploding information across enterprise and non-enterprise systems. We have a proven middleware software product (Denodo Platform) for Data Virtualization solutions yet early in its evolution and growing rapidly. Denodo is always looking for technical, passionate people to join our Services Engineering team. We are looking for smart Enterprise Software Engineers to add to our world-class team. In this position you will be contributing to project development, supporting internal and client developments and deployments, as well as expanding our current line of leading-edge data integration solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute as a developer in leading-edge enterprise-class Data Virtualization projects.
- Implement product demos and pilots to showcase Data Virtualization in enterprise scenarios, cloud deployments and Big Data projects.
- Understand the Denodo product in detail and provide expert advice to clients when facing problems or trying to understand the Denodo products and documentation.
- Diagnose and resolve clients inquiries related to operating Denodo software products in their environment.
- Utilize information tools, training and experience to achieve high level of client satisfaction.
- Participate in problem escalation and call prevention projects to help clients and other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products.
- Develop and manage training materials.
- Contribute to knowledge management activities and promote best practices for project execution.
- Provide feedback to Product Development regarding requirements and issues.
New York, NY
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor in Computer Science.
- Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of software development and architectural Patterns.
- Java development knowledge, especially in the web and database fields.
- Good knowledge of JDBC, XML and WebService-related Java APIs.
- Any experience working with Spring Framework, Apache Maven and Java webapp frameworks will be a plus.
- Any experience working with CVS, SVN, Mercurial, GIT or other version control systems will be a plus.
- Any experience working with BigData and/or noSQL environments like Hadoop, mongoDB, etc. will be a plus.
- Any experience working with caching approaches and technologies such as JCS will be a plus.
- Experience in Windows & Linux (and UNIX) operating systems in server environments.
- Industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
- Active listener.
- Curiosity and continuous learning.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Good written/verbal communication skills are essential for making presentations, attending meetings and writing technical documentation.
- Team worker.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.