Corporate ControllerPalo Alto, CA, USA - Finance
What You’ll Do:
As a Corporate Controller, you will be responsible of the accounting and financial reporting activities and responsible for the leadership, development, and execution of the company’s corporate accounting function. Reporting to the SVP of Finance, the Corporate Controller enhances financial controls, processes, and oversees compliance with our policies and procedures. These functions and processes produce timely and accurate monthly financial results in compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. The Controller is also responsible for capturing, defining and ensuring accuracy of non-gaap financial metrics, works closely with our external and internal auditors, and other members of the organization to complete our monthly and quarterly reporting on a timely basis. This role instills a culture of strong internal controls across the company and is responsible for compliance with our technical accounting standards, GL and sub-modules for efficient operations and global revenue.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements and activities of external auditors.
- Creating the SEC reporting area.
- Accountable to ensure consistent compliance of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting standards.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Partner effectively with other finance team members and non-accounting functions to drive improved controls and process enhancements.
- Subject matter expert to make decisions, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest level of standards for completeness and accuracy.
- Implement organizational policies, operating procedures, KPI definitions, and business controls that ensure sustainable business growth
- Ensure SOX compliance regarding all financial functions.
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of experience as corporate controller in a subscription revenue companies
- Experience in scaling businesses and expertise in GAAP and subscription metrics
- Experience on IPO processes and public company compliance requirements
- Good understanding of technologies and platforms that support innovative business models in Software
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience – Salesforce or NetSuite experience preferred
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Efficiency in leading remote employees.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
- Location options: Palo Alto, San Francisco, Chicago.
Denodo is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Denodo will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities in accordance with applicable law.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.