Denodo is looking for a smart, experienced, and highly motivated product marketing director to join the expanding marketing team. The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting the product marketing needs for the entire world with a specific focus on North America. That will include creating positioning, messaging, and compelling content; evangelizing Denodo value proposition through analysts, press/ media, and customers; being the spokesperson at tradeshows and at Denodo’s field and online events; and working with sales teams to accelerate the sale.
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA. New York and Chicago also considered.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Positioning and Messaging: Understand the market and competitive position, and target market needs and create compelling content (product collateral, white papers, solution briefs, case studies, web copy, bylined articles, blogs, and press releases) at the business and technical levels for each target market.
2. Competitive Differentiation and Sales Enablement: Develop sales tools including PowerPoint presentations, solution selling sheets, and sales plays. Train sales, technical presales, and inside sales teams. Track and monitor competitive landscape, develop competitive cheat sheets, and ensure collateral and website accurately reflects the latest, differentiated product positioning.
3. Content Marketing: Create and maintain marketing collateral and messaging documents:
- Product collateral, website copy, emails, articles, press releases, white papers.
- Write Customer case studies by interviewing internal and customer personnel.
- Solution briefs for targeted verticals.
· Work closely with product management team to translate technical vision into compelling messaging documents, marketing collateral, and demos.
4. Demand Generation Support and Presentations: Working closely with the demand generation team, you will develop strategy and content for several online/ offline marketing campaigns with a focus on results:
- Web seminars, tradeshows and events – with internal and external speakers.
- Text, newsletter, banner ads, whitepaper postings in targeted web / print media.
- Email marketing – email and landing page copy.
- Calling and email scripts and templates and VITO letters for telemarketing.
Support field marketing with presentation at tradeshows and events, and conversations with conference attendees at booths.
5. Product Evangelism: Collaborate with marketing communications team and support analyst and press relations activities. Establish contacts and relationships with analysts in established leading firms such as Gartner and Forrester. Conduct briefings and inquiries with the analysts, and help increase their recommendation of Denodo to their clients. Write thought leadership bylined articles for media placement and compelling press releases.
6. Social Evangelism: In support with social marketing team, write blogs, tweets, and engage in all aspects of social marketing to promote thought leadership and brand.
7. Customer Marketing: Establish and cultivate relationships with customers. Interview them and create case studies. Invite the customers to be speakers in tradeshows and webinars, and work with them to submit abstracts and develop presentations.
8. Partner Marketing: Work with partner marketing team to engage with product marketing / product management teams within partner organizations to create compelling joint value propositions, solution briefs, and case studies.
9. Team Management: Manage other product marketers working with other product marketing marketers, develop new content as well as adapt existing content to the regional needs, provide them enough resources for their execution, monitor execution and course-correct when needed, manage risk and rewards commensurately, motivate them to perform at their peak performance, and mentor them to grow their responsibilities and career.
Palo Alto, CA, USA
1. BA/BS degree, preferably in Computer Science. MBA a plus.
2. 15+ years of experience in product marketing and/ or product management with a focus on data integration and data management in the enterprise B2B software sector. Preferably with international experience in the software industry.
3. Familiarity with enterprise middleware, data integration software, and cloud technologies.
4. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills - writing various types of collateral with demonstrated ability to write product literature, customer case studies, and white papers. Excellent presentation skills.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks in high activity, dynamic environment, with a penchant for delivering on time with high attention to detail and quality. Demonstrated ability to work individually on projects while collaborating with and supporting other team members.
6. Strong analytical and synthesizing skills to translate technical content into compelling, value-based messages.
7. Able to effectively communicate market needs and thrive in an international and cross-functional environment.
8. Hands on attitude and creative use of limited resources.
9. 5+ years of recruiting and managing highly skilled product marketing team. Experience managing remote employees helpful.
10. Team player, great at motivating employees, and being their coach.
11. Knowledge of and experience working with demand generation, field marketing, customer marketing, partner marketing, digital marketing, and creative marketing.
12. Available to travel internationally (20% - 40%).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.