Enterprise Systems Engineer
The Systems Engineering team is in charge of operating and evolving global user applications and services; tools for developer teams together with the development environments; and IT infrastructures and assets.
As a Systems Engineer you will be involved in system design and implementation, process automation, and troubleshooting to help improving and supporting our platforms.
- Design, plan and implement solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of applications and services.
- Execute capacity planning for the infrastructure growth support.
- Propose and execute improvements in hardware and software.
- Help maintain Inventory of assets, software and hardware.
- Contribute to document architectures, deployments and installations.
- Perform operating system and network administration.
- Help to automate common task to improve the maintenance workflow.
- Assist and collaborate with developers and testers.
- Plan and test backup, recovery and restore procedures scenarios.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune up our running systems to ensure our SLA meet business requirements.
- Being part of the On-call duties to support our platforms.
Palo Alto, CA
- University Degree relating to information systems or computer science (Bachelor, Master, Diploma) or proved related knowledge.
- Experience working with Network protocols and services: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NFS.
- Experience working and troubleshooting in server environments (Windows, Linux).
- Scripting experience in one or more of: Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby, Lua, Java.
- Experience in one or more of virtualization technologies (VMWare Vsphere, VMWare vCenter, VMWare vRealize, OpenVZ, OpenStack).
- Experience working with Monitoring Tools (Zabbix, Nagios).
- Experience working with firewall and VPN deployments.
- Experience working with Databases (install, configure and troubleshooting): MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Experience working with Web and Application Servers (install, configure and troubleshooting): Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere...
- Service oriented approach to work.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-driven, curious, and keen to learn.
- Experience working with Version Control Tools (Git, Subversion).
- Experience working with Java Applications (install, configure, troubleshooting and optimization).
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies in DevOps environments.
- General security awareness and data privacy compliance.
- Experience working with Configuration Management tools (puppet, ansible, chef, cfengine, salt).
- Experience working with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins...).
- Experience working with cloud platforms and marketplaces (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Bluemix...).
- Experience working with container systems (Docker,...).
- Experience with Big Data solutions (Hadoop...) and/or NoSQL solutions (MongoDB...).
- Experience working with communication solutions (video conferencing, VoIP...).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. We respect, value and welcome diversity in our workforce.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.