R faced the following challenges in providing customer service and speeding up product time to market.
- Reduced customer service - agents had to access multiple applications to get the required information.
- Delayed product time to market - underlying data spread across multiple sources in different formats
- High development and maintenance costs - integrating customer data from disparate sources such as applications, databases, flat files etc.
- Denodo used to access and normalize over 110 data sources including databases, applications, web services, LDAP directories, plain text files and external websites
- Source views combined to build canonical data entities and data services consumed by BMP tool Vitria, call center front-end tool Siebel, self-service portal and mobile apps used by fulfillment and reseller partners
- Denodo used by applications for read (informational) as well as write-back (transactional) operations
The use of the Denodo Data Virtualization Platform enabled R to create a single view of the customer which led to the following benefits -
- Increase in customer loyalty by 15% due to complete and timely customer service by call center agents and self-service portals
- Reduced time to market with products due to increased agility and flexibility in data delivery
- Increased revenue opportunities from upselling/cross-selling and targeted product recommendations
“Denodo’s Data Virtualization Platform enabled us to build reusable data services in a matter of hours instead of weeks/months, thereby making IT response faster and reducing costs.”
This case study analyses R - a leading fiber-optic communications provider in Spain — and the implementation of data virtualization, and demonstrates how the initial investment is quickly leveraged with demonstrable ROI in less than 1 year.
Leading organizations are investing in new business capabilities, but are they tackling the exponential growth of data and process integration challenges?
This session will inform attendees about data virtualization architecture and what ROI has been realized.