Organizations can no longer afford to rely on a traditional data warehouse solution to support new business intelligence (BI) requirements along with their existing BI workloads. The rigid development, operation, and management process that characterizes traditional solutions is insufficient to support new BI requirements such as fast and agile report development, investigative analytics, data science and self-service BI.
Since businesses cannot simply throw away their existing BI workloads, a new architecture is needed to accommodate both the traditional, Mode 1 style and the new Mode 2 style of BI development. The challenge for an organization, then, is to transform its current unimodal BI system into a Bimodal BI system that supports both development modes. Logical data warehouse answers this challenge, and data virtualization offers the best fit technology for enabling development of a BI system built on a logical data warehouse architecture.
In the research paper Developing a Bi-Modal Logical Data Warehouse Architecture Using Data Virtualization, independent industry analyst Rick van der Lans, who is an authority on BI and data virtualization, explains logical data warehouse architecture and argues why organizations should invest in it.
Don’t delay! Download this research paper now to learn:
- Why traditional data warehouse architecture falls short in fulfilling the needs of new BI reporting requirements.
- The meaning of bimodal BI development.
- How logical data warehouse architecture supports bimodal BI development.
- The benefits of a data strategy, and why a bimodal logical data warehouse architecture needs an agile data strategy.
- Why data virtualization is the best technology for enabling bimodal logical data warehouse.
- How the Denodo Platform enables development of bimodal logical data warehouse architectures.