Logical data warehousing enabled by data virtualization technology acts as a single holistic virtual repository for all enterprise data, providing a layer of abstraction between data sources and BI tools. This allows business users to access all-inclusive and up-to-the-minute data from source applications so they no longer have to depend on IT to build custom reports that span multiple systems.
Download this TDWI brochure to learn more about:
- How data virtualization can help to avoid creating data silos that can impede enterprisewide insight.
- The logical data warehouse - its performance, security, governance, and potential impact on source systems.
- The key capabilities of logical data warehouses.
- A spotlight on a logical data warehouse case study for self-service BI in action.
- Why companies looking to implement self-service BI would do well to consider a logical data warehouse.