2020/04/29 - AMERICAS
9am PDT | 11am CDT | 12pm EDT
Is your organization's transition to the cloud slow and filled with downtime? Are your data scientists spending more time gathering data than analyzing it?
Accelerate the success of your data management initiatives across cloud, multi-cloud and hybrid cloud, and propel your data science or self-service BI initiatives with insights from the Fast Data Strategy Virtual Summit 2020. Thought leaders and industry experts will explain the use of data fabric to effectively access, integrate, and govern data across the enterprise to support ongoing digital transformation.
Featuring keynote speaker David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for Business Intelligence with TDWI, this event covers the latest trends and best practices for benefiting from a data fabric architecture that uses data virtualization capabilities at its core.
Who is it for?
Architects, data scientists, and BI practitioners
Learn how to:
- Use data abstraction to minimize business disruption when migrating to the cloud
- Use data catalogs, integrated with data delivery, to discover data associations, lineage, and patterns
- Empower data scientists by helping them discover data quickly and accelerate their model building
- It’s online, so you can attend this event from anywhere.
- Learn about the latest trends and technologies that are changing the data management industry.
- Build relationships with industry leaders, practitioners, and your peers, who can help to guide you through your digital transformation initiatives.
Presenter: Ravi Shankar, SVP & CMO, Denodo
In this session, the host will welcome you to the 2020 Fast Data Strategy Virtual Summit, walk you through the exciting presentations that will be covered by industry experts, and provide tips on how to best maximize the learning by asking questions during interactive Q&A, downloading the relevant content, and visiting virtual booths of technology and system integrators.
Presenter: David Stodder, Senior Director of Research for Business Intelligence, TDWI
Ongoing digital transformation is generating new data assets that have the potential of offering organizations unprecedented insights into operations, business processes, customer behavior, the competition, and much more. But, if organizations cannot effectively access, integrate, and govern their data that is distributed across on-premises and multiple cloud providers’ data platforms, they are doomed to fall short of realizing its value. A logical data fabric that uses virtualization capabilities can avoid the traditional approach of integrating data.
In this session, you will learn how organizations can create a logical data fabric with data virtualization technology to:
- Minimize data movement and data replication which can be time-consuming, expensive and pose security and compliance risks.
- Virtually integrate, manage and govern enterprise data across on-premises and cloud for insight generation and business decision making.
- Examine how and why a logical data fabric could benefit your organization today and future-proof your data architecture to meet new demands.
Presenter: Brian Bulkowski, Chief Technology Officer, Yellowbrick
Panelists: David Stodder, Senior Director, TDWI Research and Brian Bulkowski, Chief Technology Officer, Yellowbrick
Moderated by: Ravi Shankar, SVP & CMO, Denodo
In this session, experts from analyst, end-user, and technology partner organizations will discuss the core components that make up the logical data fabric, the key capabilities of these components, and how they together power critical use cases. In this interactive session, learn the best practices about the use of these components and walk away with practical tips about how to get started with the logical data fabric.
Presenter: Ravi Shankar, SVP & CMO, Denodo
Logical Data Fabric enables IT teams to flexibly use it for many projects such as cloud migrations/ modernization, gaining a single view of the customer, product, or asset, and self-service analytics. Many Denodo customers have successfully used the logical data fabric for these use cases within their organizations. Once implemented for an initial project, the data fabric can be easily used for additional IT projects in a very short period of time.
In this session, we will provide the necessary information about:
- The IT projects for which the logical data fabric can be used.
- Customer use cases of how they have used logical data fabric for these projects within their organization.
- How to start with one project and incrementally expand to additional IT projects.
Presenter: Paul Moxon, SVP Data Architectures & Chief Evangelist, Denodo
Partner: Mohan Mahankali, Principal Architect - Information Management, WIPRO
It's not if you move to the Cloud, but when. Most organizations are well underway with migrating applications and data to the Cloud. In fact, most organizations - whether they realize it or not - have a multi-Cloud strategy. Single Cloud, hybrid, or multi-Cloud…the potential benefits are huge - flexibility, agility, cost savings, scaling on-demand, etc. However, the challenges can be just as large and daunting. A poorly managed migration to the Cloud can leave users frustrated at their inability to get to the data that they need and IT scrambling to cobble together a solution.
In this session, we will look at the challenges facing data management teams as they migrate to Cloud and multi-Cloud architectures. We will show how the Denodo Platform can:
- Reduce the risk and minimize the disruption of migrating to the Cloud.
- Make it easier and quicker for users to find the data that they need - wherever it is located.
- Provide a uniform security layer that spans hybrid and multi-Cloud environments.
Presenter: Pablo Alvarez, Director of Product Management, Denodo
Partner: Pradeep Suryanarayan, Sr. Practice Director, AI & ML, UST Global
Advanced data science techniques, like machine learning, have proven an extremely useful tool to derive valuable insights from existing data. Platforms like Spark, and complex libraries for R, Python and Scala put advanced techniques at the fingertips of the data scientists. However, most architecture laid out to enable data scientist miss two key challenges:
- Data scientists spent most of their time looking for the right data and massaging it into a usable format
- Results and algorithms created by data scientist often stay out of the reach of regular data analysts and business users
Data virtualization offers a new alternative to address these issues in a simple and elegant way.
Presenter: Alberto Pan, CTO, Denodo
Almost 65% of self-service initiatives are ranked by their users as average or lower, citing that "it requires more training than expected" and that "it can create informational chaos". A Data Fabric based on Data virtualization can go a long way towards solving those problems and providing a ‘Data Marketplace’, where citizen analysts and data scientists can securely "shop" for data across all the data assets in the enterprise. In this session we will show how to:
- Use Data Virtualization to reduce up to 80% the time required to deliver data to the business, adapted to the needs of each user.
- Apply consistent security and governance policies across the self-service data delivery process.
- Use an active Data Catalog linked to the data delivery infrastructure to seamlessly implement the concept of 'Data Marketplace'.
Ravi Shankar, SVP & CMO, Denodo
In this session, the host will sum up the exciting presentations, and provide further guidance about how to continue to leverage the content, share them with other team members within your organization, and begin using the data fabric by gaining access to free versions of the software.