TDWI Spotlight Canada: Modernizing a Legacy Data Warehouse to a Cloud Data Warehouse Using Logical Architectures
2021/10/19 - Online
9:00 am PT // 12:00 pm ET
Join David Loshin, president of Knowledge Integrity, and Ravi Shankar, senior vice president and chief marketing officer at Denodo, to learn how logical data fabrics and data virtualization aid the transformation from legacy to cloud data warehouse.
Many companies have successfully modernized their legacy data warehouse to cloud data warehouse using logical data fabric and data virtualization. And some advanced organizations have used these logical architectures again to migrate from their initial cloud data warehouse to a different one to further improve the scalability and lower costs. What are the successful lessons learned from their migration and how to avoid their early pitfalls?
In this presentation, the author will cite specific examples of customers who have migrated to cloud data warehouses in the last seven years. He will present five best practices learned from these migrations. Specifically, he will answer the following questions:
- What were the business needs of customers who migrated?
- Which cloud data warehouse did they choose and how did it work for them?
- What aspects worked and what didn't in this initial migration?
- How did they use logical data fabric and data virtualization to aid the migration?
- What are the five best practices to get it right first time?