CDO & Data Leaders' Global Summit 2022
2022/05/05 - Online
8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
The goal of the event is to spotlight innovative thought leaders and to provide an opportunity to share and exchange new ideas, technology trends and networking. Discussions on the theme of Leadership, Data and Analytics for Digital Transformation will be conducted with 90+ leaders in 30+ sessions – designed specifically for senior and C-level data and analytics executives. Tracks for the panel discussions will be on:
CDO Leadership: Survive or Thrive?
- Data Literacy and the New Data Culture
- Data Governance as a Business Accelerator
- Accelerating Trusted Cloud Innovation
- Designing Data Sharing with Privacy
- Data Leadership for Sustainability
Denodo will be moderating one of the panel discussions as well as delivering a keynote address.
Panel Discussion: Accelerating Trusted Cloud Innovation: Best practices in mitigating business disruption while migrating/modernizing the data to the cloud
Cloud migration/modernization has accelerated during the pandemic. Why? Given the economic shutdown, revenue meltdown, and budget and staff cuts, CTOs shifted their spend from capex to opex. As apps and data are migrated to the cloud one-by-one, business is impacted by downtime, new training, and so on. What is the strategic approach to minimize, or even eliminate, business disruption while the IT migrates the systems to the cloud? This panel of experts will discuss their experiences at their organizations about how they successfully handled cloud innovation while ensuring business continuity. Attend and listen to the best practices in choosing the correct architecture (distributed, logical, data fabric, data mesh) and data migration strategies that will minimize business disruption and gain the trust of the business users.
11:00 – 11:45 am EDT
Moderator and Panelists:
- Moderator: Ravi Shankar, Denodo, SVP and CMO
- Kevin Markward – Grange Insurance, Director, Data Warehouse
- Meena Thanikachalam – Ally Financial, Head of Data Solutions & Analytics
- Sumanda Basu – Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking, Head of Data Quality, Americas
Denodo Keynote: The Battle for the Most Effective Cloud Data Management Architecture: Lakehouse or Logical Data Warehouse
Speaker: Ravi Shankar – SVP & CMO, Denodo
Time: 12:30 – 1:00 pm EDT
Data Warehouses were enormously successful for their structured approach to storing data, making it easy to use the data, but taking an enormous amount of time to ingest the data into the warehouse. Data Lakes undertook to fix this problem by making it easy to ingest the data by storing them as is, but consuming the data from them was prohibitively time consuming since the data needed to be formatted during read. Lake houses were born to take the best of the data warehouses and data lakes. But do they work as promised?
In this keynote presentation/fireside chat, the speakers will discuss:
- In detail, the success and failures of data warehouses and data lakes
- What a lakehouse is and how it adopts the best of these two technologies
- Success or failure of lakehouse from an implementation standpoint
- An alternate architecture: Logical Data Warehouse – what it is and how is it different from the lakehouse
- The most effective cloud data management architecture – lakehouse or logical data warehouse?