Data Virtualization & Data Federation
Data Virtualization and Data Federation integrate data assets from disparate heterogeneous sources, regardless of the location of the data source, creating logical, unified, federated, virtual data views for consumption by any front-end solution such as applications, dashboards, portals, intranet, search etc.
Why is Data Virtualization important?
Because, with the exploding volume of data assets, and a growing number of fragmented data sources, organizations are realizing that physical consolidation of data is not the solution of choice for all data integration needs.
While physical consolidation of data assets has its place, it also involves higher storage and license costs, higher response time to changes, latency in data delivery, more maintenance effort and more staff resources making it a less-than-ideal solution for many critical projects.
Denodo believes that organizations do not have to be siloed into one integration type or another. There are projects for which physical consolidation of data is necessary, but there are several key projects for which Denodo's Data Virtualization and Data Federation is the right solution. Data Virtualization is especially applicable when huge volumes of fragmented data need to be integrated without need for duplication.
For instance, Data Virtualization and Data Federation is ideal for:
- Unified desktop for contact center agents
- Virtualized Data services for competitive and market intelligence
- Deploying an intelligent self-service customer portal
- Customer profiling information
- Sales business intelligence
- Intelligence analysis for criminal justice and national security
Denodo is a pioneer in Data Virtualization and Data Federation and has been serving customers around the world for over a decade. With Denodo Platform, you can be guaranteed of a faster time-to-market, a much shorter response time to changes in integration requirements and the ability to integrate any data asset that matters to your business. We know that some projects may need a combination of the physical and virtual approaches. The Denodo's Technology, therefore, gives you the flexibility to do physical data integration (ETL) or Data Virtualization depending on the needs of your project.
Denodo additionally provides the following integration capabilities:
- Enterprise hardened virtual integration of internal data sources
- Extensive application of virtualization working with data on the web
- Expansion of virtualization and federation to less structured sources such as flat files, emails, PDFs etc.
The combination of all these capabilities makes Denodo the leading solution for virtual data integration, Data Virtualization and Data Federation in the modern enterprise.
In summary, Denodo's Data Virtualization and Data Federation capability:
- Provides instant access to integrated views of fragmented, heterogeneous data assets
- Dramatically lowers the response time to changes
- Accelerates the time-to-market
- Lowers the total cost of ownership and operation for the enterprise data management
- Provides reusable SOA data services