Indiana University Improves Strategic Decision Making Across the Organization Using Data Virtualization
As with most educational institutions, Indiana University (IU) has had a long history in business reporting and business intelligence, dating back to the days of the mainframe. Recently, the university began a new, multi-year project called the Decision Support Initiative (DSI), dedicated to helping IU improve decision making through enhanced data, models, and processes. DSI aims to improve access to data and analytic technologies, thereby providing transparency across the IU system, leading to better-informed decision outcomes.
To empower decision makers and enhance decision making at all levels within IU, the university needed to drastically increase the availability of timely, relevant, and accurate information. Historically, data and its corresponding business logic were stored across multiple, siloed systems, making it extremely time consuming to gather and combine the relevant information decision makers needed. Harnessing the power of data virtualization, IU chose the Denodo Platform to create a logical data warehouse (LDW).
Download this case study to learn more about the following:
- How IU connected the university systems of record to data-consuming applications, providing heterogeneous data connectivity, delivery, security, and governance services.
- How IU successfully combined data sources such as Oracle, MS-SQL, Amazon Redshift, Web services and Box.com.
- How the university used Denodo's platform to vastly improve their security and compliance posture, providing fine-grained access control and auditing across data sources of many types.
- How the Denodo Platform significantly improved information agility across the university.
- Indiana University's searchable data dictionary.