Denodo Platform Full Overview
This course provides the key concepts of the data virtualization architecture needed for management, planning, design and implementation of this kind of architectures.
5 Days of Instructor-led Training.
Basic knowledge of HTML, relational database and Structured Query Language (SQL) and a basic knowledge of programming are required. Basic knowledge of the Java programming language, JDBC and Web services are required.
- Introduction to Denodo Platform
- Virtual DataPort architecture
- Virtual DataPort basic concepts
- Introduction to the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool
- Importing data sources and creating base views with Virtual DataPort
- Data Sources: Relational databases (JDBC, ODBC), Web services, XML, JSON, delimited files, LDAP
- Creating base views
- Creation of derived views and queries with Virtual DataPort
- Derived view types (union, join, selection, projection, aggregation, flatten, …)
- Additional concepts
- Publication of views as Web services
- VQL (Virtual Query Language)
- Advanced view management
- Query capabilities
- Query optimization
- Internationalization and cache
- Views configuration
- Interfaces and top-down development
- Data governance
- Development best practices
- Version Control Integration
- Error analysis
- Virtual DataPort performance optimization
- Introduction to custom functions
- Introduction to stored procedures
- User administration in Virtual DataPort
- Role management
- User management
- Database management
- Governance and data lineage
- Server and user administration in Virtual DataPort
- Server configuration
- High availability
- Updating the Denodo Platform
- Backup and migration best practices
- Monitoring and error analysis
- Scheduler. Architecture.
- Scheduler Administration Tool, jobs, handlers
- Denodo Software: Students will download the Denodo Platform from the Denodo Support Site.
- An electronic copy of the presentations used during the training.
- Each student will receive a 1-month Denodo training license (full capability).
- At customer's facilities: request a private training
*Price per attendant. It is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until the class is confirmed.
**Price per attendant.
- Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received by Denodo at least ten (10) business days prior to the course start date in order to receive a full refund. If cancellation or reschedule requests are received less than ten (10) business days before the course start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. There will be no penalty for requesting a reschedule more than ten (10) business days prior to the course start date.
- Denodo reserves the right to cancel courses for any reason up to five (5) business days prior to the course start date. In the event that a course is cancelled, Denodo will secure a future course date or refund fee in full. It is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until the class is confirmed.