TransAlta is an electric power generator company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. TransAlta's IT department initiated "Zero Data Center" project to move their entire data layer to the cloud for flexibility, agility and lower TCO. Data virtualization technology played a central role in TransAlta's real-time data integration, while helping them move to the cloud with zero down-time
In this video Alejandro Ocando, Business Intelligence Consultant at TransAlta discusses why they decided to move their entire enterprise data later to the cloud and why data virtualization played a critical role in their cloud modernization effort. He also goes into detail into how they are using data virtualization in their energy trading, wind icing forecast and HR functions.
This customer case study video will cover:
- TransAlta’s specific business challenge
- How they used data virtualization to address this business challenge
- What the benefits of data virtualization are in their particular case
- Why they chose the Denodo platform
- How they plan to utilize the Denodo platform and data virtualization in future