Self-service is a major goal of modern data strategists. A successfully implemented self-service initiative means that business users have access to holistic and consistent views of data regardless of its location, source or type. As data unification and data collaboration become key critical success factors for organisations, data catalogs play a key role as the perfect companion for a virtual layer to fully empower those self-service initiatives and build a self-service data marketplace requiring minimal IT intervention.
Denodo’s Data Catalog is a key piece in Denodo’s portfolio to bridge the gap between the technical data infrastructure and business users. It provides documentation, search, governance and collaboration capabilities, and data exploration wizards. It provides business users with the tool to generate their own insights with proper security, governance, and guardrails.
In this session we will cover:
- The role of a virtual semantic layer in self-service initiatives
- Key ingredients of a successful self-service data marketplace
- Self-service (consumption) vs. inventory catalogs
- Best practices and advanced tips for successful deployment
- A Demonstration: Product Demo
- Examples of customers using Denodo’s Data Catalog to enable self-service initiatives