- The company encountered exponential data growth and a wide variety of disparate data sources.
- The sheer volume of data resulted in a lack of accuracy and integrity in reporting.
- The IT team was not able to provide timely and accurate data to asset management customers.
- Oppenheimer leveraged the Denodo Platform, which uses data virtualization to integrate the RESTful linked data, and the company was able to rapidly provision the virtual data sources.
- With data virtualization in place, it is easier for the company to transform and combine disparate data sources.
- With a manifold reduction in physical data movement and data copying, the company significantly reduced data storage cost.
- Data virtualization resulted in transparent access to data for internal users.
- The RESTful architecture of the Denodo Platform saved thousands of programming hours in portal deployment.
- A potential multi-year data integration project was done in less than a year.
- Website: www.oppenheimerfunds.com
- Industry: Finance
- Location: USA